The health benefits of drinking water

The human body is about 60% water; the brain is about 70% water, and blood about 90% water. You may have seen frequent assertions that we need to drink eight 8-ounce glasses of water every day. That’s half a gallon. As it turns out, no particular scientific experiments stand behind that recommendation.

Read more

Do you need a home drinking water filter system?

Do you know what’s in your drinking water? Don’t buy into the myth that bottled water is safer than tap water. It comes with a lot of hidden costs, too. The US enjoys some of the cleanest and clearest water in the world. Yet, there are times when you might want to consider a home drinking water filter system.

Read more

16 things never to flush down the toilet

The toilet is a marvelous contraption. Press a lever and everything in it disappears. It refills itself with clean water. But flush only urine, feces, vomit, and toilet paper. If you don’t know what not to flush down the toilet, you’re asking for a clogged toilet.

Read more

Why water conservation is important

Earth’s surface is about 70% water. Some people may wonder why water conservation is important. But in fact, 97% of it is in oceans. That leaves only 3% of all water as fresh water. Most of that is found in glaciers or underground aquifers.

Read more
Water faucet. Water conservation

16 tips for water conservation at home

It may not seem like water is a waste problem. After all, most of the earth’s surface is water. We turn on a faucet and water comes out. Every time. If we stop to think about it, though, what goes down the drain goes through the wastewater treatment plant. Eventually, it goes back into a river or lake.

Read more
Follow by Email